Sunday, April 6, 2008

My First Blog

I have to be honest; I have never blogged in my life so this promises to get interesting. Here is a little bit about me. I am an ECT major with this being my final quarter here at DePaul. It’s been a great run but I have to say that I’m ecstatic to be graduating in June. Feeling a bit brave this quarter I have signed up for three classes. On top of the excessive school load I also have a very demanding job and am a father of two (a two year old son and a four year old daughter).

Currently I work for the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company within its IT department. I started out as a web developer and was introduced to SAP via its Enterprise Portal. Being the Portal administrator/Developer I went onto SAP Business Intelligence, Customer Relationship Management, and Strategic Enterprise Management (what a mouthful). Anyway, going back to the portal. We initially used the portal mainly for its Knowledge management and collaboration capabilities. I guess this is one of the main reasons I was drawn to this class. I have some knowledge of the terms used and I would like to believe that I somewhat have a grasp of what knowledge management is but I guess we will see as this quarter progresses.

That was my quick intro and this will conclude my first entry.

No comments: